Frequently Asked Questions
ABOUT THE SHOW
1. What is Emerald City Comicon?
Emerald City Comicon is the premier comic book and pop culture convention in the Northwest, taking place in beautiful downtown Seattle, Washington.
2. How big is Emerald City Comicon?
In 2015 Emerald City Comicon soared to 80,000 people over three days and featured hundreds of comic book guests, celebrity guests and more!
3. Who is the organizer?
Emerald City Comicon is another killer event by ReedPOP. ReedPOP also runs New York Comic Con, C2E2, PAX Prime, PAX East, Star Wars Celebration, Special Edition: NYC, BookCon, Oz Comic-Con and many more. For more info on ReedPOP, be sure to check out ReedPOP.com.
HOURS AND LOCATION
1. When is Emerald City Comicon?
Emerald City Comicon runs from Thursday April 7 to Sunday April 10 in 2016.
2. What are the hours at Emerald City Comicon?
- Thursday, April 7: 2:00 PM - 7:00 PM
- Friday, April 8: 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
- Saturday, April 9: 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
- Sunday, April 10: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
There are numerous after-hour events, some of which you can access with your ECCC badge, and others which require separate Tickets.
3. Where is Emerald City Comicon?
Emerald City Comicon takes place at the Washington State Convention Center, 800 Convention Pl, Seattle, WA 98101
RULES AND POLICIES
Emerald City Comicon is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged property, or for injuries sustained during the course of the convention.
You must wear your valid ECCC Badge at all times to be admitted to any Emerald City Comicon event.
Alcohol is not permitted in the common areas of the Washington State Convention Center. Possession of alcoholic beverages by anyone under 21 years of age is grounds for criminal charges along with expulsion from the convention without refund. The Beer Garden is the only area within the convention where alcohol can be consumed.
There is an outdoor smoking area at the Convention Center but, in accordance with Washington State Law, smoking is prohibited anywhere inside the building. Violators will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
All behavior that polite fans would find offensive in public should be kept home or in your hotel room.
We reserve the right to ask you to leave the Show and refuse to refund your Ticket money if you are behaving in an inappropriate fashion.
5. Cameras, Photography, and/or Video
Please use common sense when taking photographs and videos. Always ask permission to photograph anyone else on the show floor - this includes those in costume. They have permission to tell you 'no photos'. Do not stop and take photos in aisles, as this clogs traffic dangerously. We have provided photo areas for you, and strive to make them conveniently located on each floor.
Photography/Videography is not permitted in the media guests area (signs are posted so that you know when an area is restricted). You will be removed from the floor and have your Badge confiscated, so please keep all filming electronics tucked away!
Video is also not permitted during stage presentations/panels, and we ask that you please turn your flash off for any photographs.
Emerald City Comicon Badge holders consent to the use of their image or likeness by media now or hereafter devised for advertising, sale and/or other promotional purposes.
6. Cancellation policy
Announced events and guests are subject to change and/or cancellation without notice. Every effort will be made to announce any changes on this website, social media channels, pre-convention publications and our on-site signage, but sometimes last-minute changes will occur.
7. Cosplay rules
Remember, no costume is NOT a costume, and there are public nudity laws in Washington. Please wear appropriate (or at least enough) clothing while attending the Show. ECCC reserves the right to enforce decency rules and you may be subject to removal.
8. What do I do if I find/lose something?
Please bring all found items to the Fourth Floor Information Booth. If you have lost something go to the Information Booth on the Fourth Floor to see if anyone has turned it in.
9. What if I get hurt?
If you're hurt, reach out to the ECCC Staff, Minions or nearby Security and we'll get you the help you need. There is a First Aid Station on WSCC Level 4, inside the doors to 4B.
10. What if I'm harassed?
If you are being harassed, witness someone else being harassed or have any other concerns, please contact a member of the Emerald City Comicon (ECCC) Staff immediately. We are happy to contact our security or local law enforcement, provide escort, a safe place or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to make sure they feel safe for the duration of the ECCC.
You can also report an incident via the ECCC Mobile App. To do so, tap the Anti-Harassment Policy icon and follow the steps under Report Harassment. Please fill out the form in as much detail as possible so we can address the situation immediately and thoroughly. If you’re still in the area where the incident took place and you feel safe to stay there, our Security team will meet you there.
11. What is your harassment policy?
Emerald City Comicon has a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY for harassment of any kind, including but not limited to:
- offensive verbal comments
- physical assault and/or battery
- harassing or non-consensual photography or recording
- sustained disruption of Panels, signings, and other events
- bathroom policing
- inappropriate physical contact
- unwelcome physical attention
- national origin
- gender identity
- gender presentation
- sexual orientation
- body size
12. Can I bring a suitcase, stroller, handcart or something similar to ECCC?
The following items are not permitted in the Show Floor:
- Large strollers (umbrella or similar sized strollers are permitted)
- Rolling luggage larger than 22”L x 14”W x 9”H
- Cosplay wings spanning wider than 4’ from wingtip to wingtip
If your item can be easily collapsed, you may be able to store it against the wall, please check with Staff at each room to ensure space availability
13. What is your weapons policy?
Management shall have sole discretion in any matter that it believes may affect public safety or be important to protect the integrity of the event.
Please review our entire weapons policy before attending ECCC. Failure to adhere to our policy may result in your item being confiscated or your removal from the Show without refund.
If you’re bringing, buying or selling something that could maim, damage or cause serious bodily harm, we’re going to take issue.
The following items are forbidden from ECCC:
- Functional firearms (this also includes air soft guns, BB guns, cap guns, paintball guns and pellet guns)
- Realistic replica firearms (including reproduction, fake or toy guns that can be confused for functional firearms)
- Functional projectile weapons (including blow guns, crossbows, long bows, silly string, slingshots, water balloons and water guns)
- Sharpened metal-bladed weapons (including axes, daggers, hatches, knives, kunai, shuriken, swords, sword canes and switch blades)
- Explosives (including firecrackers and fireworks)
- Chemical weapons (including mace and pepper spray)
- Blunt weapons (including brass knuckles, hockey sticks, clubs, nunchaku, baseball bats)
- Hard prop weapons (including props made of metal, fiberglass and glass)
- Instruments that cause excessive noise levels like vuvuzelas, grenades, whistles and grenade horns
- Aerosol mustard
14. How do I make my prop weapon safe to bring to the show?
Prop weaponry is allowed on the condition that it is comprised of light materials such as foam, cardboard or a lighter wood/wood composite.
Reproductions, fake or toy guns are permitted provided they have a brightly colored cap on the barrel.
Metal-bladed weapons must be dull and kept in its sheath at all times. Please visit one of our Peace Bonding stations to have it tagged.
Projectile weapons may be brought if the arrow/bolt tips are covered or foam.
Please use your common sense - if your prop can be mistaken for a real weapon, do not bring it.
15. What is Peace Bonding?
We utilize trail tape or zip ties to mark items as ‘safe’ and inspected. Once we have tagged your item, you are not permitted to remove it. We do our best to ensure that the trail tape can be easily hidden for photos. For items that go into sheaths, we will use zip ties, provided that it will not damage the sheath.
16. Can my prop weapon be confiscated?
In the event you bring a prop that is deemed unsafe for the show, you have the option of returning it to your car/home or we will confiscate your item. Your item may be picked up at the end of the day at the Fourth Floor Information Booth between the hours of 7:00 PM and 8:00 PM for Thursday, Friday and Saturday and 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM on Sunday. Any items that are not picked up by Sunday at 6:00 PM will be discarded.
17. What does ECCC think of Bootlegs?
The buying and selling of counterfeit/knock-off/unlicensed materials is not tolerated at Emerald City Comicon. ECCC is a celebration of the best of popular culture and bootlegs have no place in the show. Violation of this rule will result in one and only one warning. A second violation and you'll be removed from the show.
18. Can minors attend ECCC unsupervised?
All minors under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent and/or guardian.
19. Can you watch my kids?
Sorry. Emerald City Comicon does not provide Child Care services at this time.
20. What should I do if my child, family or I get separated?
Find an ECCC Staff member or Security guard and we will help you locate your missing party member. We strongly recommend that when you arrive at ECCC you and your party pick a location to meet in case anyone does get lost. Outside one of our Information Booths is an excellent choice.
21. Can you Page someone for me?
We are unable to use the PA system for Fans or Exhibitors. We recommend you arrange a time and place to meet beforehand.
22. Is there a bag check?
We are offering the opportunity to check your coats, bags and other small items during your time at the show. This service is offered for $3 per item. Items left overnight will incur an additional $3/day charge and all items must be picked up by Sunday, 5:30PM.
23. Are Selfie Sticks Allowed?
No, Selfie Sticks are not allowed at ECCC. We strongly encourage taking awesome selfies in all permitted areas, though!
1. Where can I purchase Tickets for Emerald City Comicon?
You can purchase Tickets online in early Fall 2015.
2. Who needs a Ticket?
All attendees six-years-old and up need a Ticket for Emerald City Comicon April 7-10, 2016. Children 6-12 must purchase a Child 3-Day Ticket to attend ECCC . For those 13 and over purchase of an adult Ticket is required. Please be prepared to show proof of age onsite. Please note, all minors under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent and/or guardian.
3. What's the deal with Child 3-Day Tickets?
Child 3-Day Tickets are for children 6-12. Similar to other Tickets, Child 3-Day Tickets can and will sell out, so be sure to get yours early. Please be prepared to show proof of age onsite. Once all Child 3-Day Tickets are allocated, no more will be released.
4. How much does an ECCC Ticket cost?
Pricing for ECCC 2016 Tickets will be announced in late Summer 2015.
5. Will ECCC Tickets sell out?
Yes, it is very likely that they will. In previous years ECCC Tickets have sold out before the Show. Once a Ticket type sells out, no more will be made available.
6. Will you have Tickets for sale at the door?
If there are Tickets available, yes Tickets will be sold at Registration. But, if Tickets are sold out, no more will be made available to purchase.
7. Can I buy a Ticket even if I don't live in the United States?
International orders will have the option to have Tickets mailed or picked up at Will Call.
8. What is Will Call?
Will Call is located at the first floor Ticket windows of the Washington State Convention Center. The Ticket windows are located on Convention Place, between Pike St and Union St. Please bring your photo ID and your confirmation email (printed or displayed on a mobile device.)
9. What payment methods are available for Ticket purchase?
Our Ticket vendor accepts Visa, MasterCard, and American Express.
10. What is the Refund Policy?
Once you purchase a Ticket it is yours to have and to hold forever, well at least until ECCC 2016. Sorry, we don’t offer refunds on any ECCC Tickets.
11. I am having a problem with my Ticket purchase, can you help?
For any issues with your Tickets, please contact Client Services at ECCCinfo@reedexpo.com
12. Why haven't my Tickets arrived yet?
We will be shipping Badges in March of 2016. Please check your ECCC Order Confirmation email to confirm that your mailing address is correct. For any additional questions, please contact Client Services at ECCCinfo@reedexpo.com